Thursday 7 June 2012

Busy bods

Hello all, sorry it's been so long, but I tend not to be in the habit of posting blog pages just for the sake of it.
It is with a heavy heart that I say that our little town in Norfolk lost another one of it's sons two days ago.
Nick was a close friend of one of the lads that we are riding for next year, and it seems that he took his death harder than most.

This most recent tragedy has just intensified our resolve to get this issue on to a national level of consciousness.

Pat and I have now had an article published on the CALM website www.calmzone.net and we are starting to attract the attention of the local media, as well as a yet to be named national radio station.

Planning for the ride is going well as we now have a confirmed route. The next step is to break it up into chunks and plot out the rest stops and camp sites/accommodation along the way.

Sponsors are still thin on the ground (so far no sponsors), but that said, we have only been going for about a month and that has been part time.

Good news takes the form of Kerry and Suzanne, who have both agreed to help us organise events and to generally spread the load.

We are yet to ask for the blessing from both of the families involved, as we feel it is still a little too soon to be intruding on their grief, so we cannot really pull out all of the stoppers and go for it.
Have no fear, we will let you all know when we are good to go.

1 comment:

  1. I hadn't even realised this was such a problem until my Simon brought it to my attention. With the day to day rushing about, I think we all look straight past those souls crying out for help. We get too hooked up in our own world. Anything that can help such a tragic loss has to be applauded. I am immensely proud of my boy for getting so involved in this cause. I'd love to be able to join them on the ride - who knows....... Well done son, so very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete